Today athletes have to be very keen on their daily rehydration. Especially those who live in warm and dry countries need to pay attention to their daily water and electrolytes intake.
That could be the best example for the adoption of a new powdered rehydration solution called Liquid IV.
It’s one of the few coming in perfect flavors like tangerine and Golden Cherry.
As a customer, you can find Liquid IV in small and discrete sachets that are made from waterproof nylon substances. It’s quite unlikely to have it torn down if you don’t intend to.
Liquid IV comes in 16 grams sachets and is a white powder that looks like simple salt.
However, it can get diluted in 250ml of natural fresh water and give you the rehydration rate you always expected.
Let us elaborate more on the Liquid IV substance and ingredients.
That way, you can appreciate it more than before and have it as an essential supply in your purse or backpack.
What is Liquid IV in the First Place?
Liquid IV is a formula helping your body to rehydrate easier and faster than simple water. It works with CTT technology which stands for Cellular Transport Technology.
We all know that the cellular membrane has several ions, which are Sodium and Potassium.
CCT technology affects the Cellular Sodium/Glucose Cotransporter Protein 1, opening the sodium ports a lot faster than water.
As we all know from chemistry, sodium always comes together with water molecules. That’s why when the sodium ports open within the intestine cells, you have a quick and powerful absorption of water.
It’s all you need to feel rehydrated during a hot day or when you have specific training.
All athletes who have long runs and excellent training throughout the day should consider having Liquid IV in their daily life.
Which Are the Main Ingredients of Liquid IV?
We are about to create a shortlist of the main ingredients in the powerful Liquid IV formula. It has taken the American market by storm, so you better know what you are drinking in the first place.
- Pure cane sugar
- Citric Acid
- Vitamins of B Complex (B1, B2, B12)
- Silicon Dioxide
- Potassium Citrate
- Natural Flavors
- Stevia leaf extract
- Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
- Mined Salt
- Dipotassium Phosphate
As you can see, Liquid IV has all the necessary minerals, like sodium and potassium, to replenish your electrolytes after a long day.
On the other hand, you can drink Liquid IV even if you suffer from diabetes Mellitus since dextrose and stevia leaf extract are the best alternatives for sugar.
What is the Mode of Action of Liquid IV?
As mentioned before, Liquid IV has plenty of salts inside based on Potassium and Sodium that positively affect the cellular balance of electrolytes across the cellular membrane.
And since you drink it orally, it soon reaches the thin intestine epithelial cells and affects the intake of water from the gastrointestinal tract.
In other words, you are about to have the perfect rehydration within minutes after you have the Liquid IV. That is why it’s called IV in the first place.
IV means intravenous and Liquid IV is the closest you can get to intravenous water solution intake from the oral tract.
List of Liquid IV Benefits
It wouldn’t be fun if you couldn’t list any benefits of Liquid IV. People who take it daily can mention many of them, and here we are to present them to you in a comprehensive list:
- Helps you burn more calories: Liquid IV can give you a better metabolic rate since it can withdraw water from your cells and make you feel a lot better.
- Liquid IV gives you increased mental abilities: People who drink it regularly have seen a difference in their cognitive functions thanks to the rehydration of their brain cells.
- Relents the aging process: That is something that still has to be researched. However, studies support that Liquid IV remains one of the best supplements to rehydrate your skin cells and make you look younger than ever before.
- Performance improvement for athletes: No matter what is your sport, you will have greater endurance after the Liquid IV consumption. The faster cell rehydration makes the muscle fatigue come later and you have more stamina to finish the race and improve your times.
Are There Any Side Effects of Liquid IV?
When we are talking about potential side effects of Liquid IV these have mostly to do with people who have a known oversensitivity to one or more of the ingredients.
Here are the most common side effects that could be observed in people who drink Liquid IV regularly:
- Heart Issues: Liquid IV can be the main cause of high blood pressure and arrhythmia. That could be due to the great amount of salt you digest with water when having it.
- Muscle Cramps: It’s usual to have some cramps when taking high doses of Liquid IV due to the imbalance of electrolytes in your cells.
- Vomiting and diarrhea: Some people overreact to the presence of salts in their intestines, and that could be seen as a side effect of Liquid IV. You should immediately stop taking Liquid IV if you experience such symptoms.
Which Is the FDA-Approved Daily Dose for Liquid IV?
Finally, it’s great to view what is the FDA-approved high dose for daily Liquid IV intake.
Under no circumstances should you take more than two sachets of Liquid IV daily.
Some athletes may need some more to control their rehydration.
However, if you exceed the two sachets limit, you may experience dizziness and other side effects that could make you unstable.
Generally speaking, Liquid IV is a very potent and safe supplement.
You need to ensure that you receive it with care and that you have healthy eating habits.
You may find the supplement almost anywhere online and in major retailers.
It’s the most fantastic and easy-to-use supplement to replenish the daily water intake you need right away!